Discover the ultimate foodie experience on a private tour from Tbilisi to the Kakheti region! Join us as we explore the bustling town of Telavi and immerse ourselves in its rich culture and local sites. Our itinerary starts with a pickup from Tbilisi and a drive through the stunning Gombori Pass.
As we make our way to Telavi, we'll visit Batonis Tsikhe, a 17th-century fortress located in the centre of Telavi. From the top of its watchtowers, we'll admire the breathtaking views of the surrounding area and marvel at the statue of the king and the ancient 900-year-old Giant Plane Tree.
After exploring the fortress, we'll venture to the Telavi Farmers' Bazaar, a vibrant market where you can sample delicious street food and witness the diversity of goods on offer, including fresh produce, meat, and cheeses. We'll try seasonal fruits and indulge in pickled jonjoli, goat cheese, and sulguni cheese.
For those with a sweet tooth, we'll sample churchkhela, a Georgian delicacy made from nuts coated in fruit syrup. We'll also taste honeycomb and walnuts covered in kiwi juice, dried persimmons, and fruit rolls.
Next, we'll visit a cheese factory where we'll see over ten different varieties of cheese being made and sample some of their most delectable creations. We'll observe the cheese-making process, from the vats of cultured milk to the packaging centre, and even get the chance to try cheese aged in white and black wines, cheese with spices and herbs, and more.
Finally, we'll visit a private winery where we'll meet winemakers and taste some of the best wines in Georgia, including the traditional Rkatsiteli amber wine.
Come on this mouth-watering journey and repeat the adventure of famous food blogger David Hoffman
as he explored Telavi and the Kakheti region. Get ready to indulge in the rich flavours of Georgian cuisine and make memories that will last a lifetime.
Need to Know before booking
- Please note that this tour includes tastings of Georgian wine and other alcoholic beverages. Participants must be of legal drinking age and are responsible for their own consumption. It is important to drink responsibly and to be aware of your limits.
- Please also note that we cannot provide options for individuals with gluten or lactose intolerance, and there are no Halal options available. If you have dietary restrictions, please consider this before booking the tour. Our goal is to provide an enjoyable and safe experience for all participants, and we appreciate your understanding in this matter.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 1 bottled water
- Cheese factory tour
- Tour of the winery
- Wine Tasting at Marani Milorauli or similar, subject to availability (minimum 5 types of wine and strong alcohol)
- Cheese tasting
- Georgian charcuterie board
- Transportation service
- Guide's services
- Additional wine tasting (optional)
- Personal expenses