Discover an extraordinary one-day tour to the awe-inspiring Rainbow Mountains and the sacred David Gareji Monastery, located in the picturesque Kakheti region of Georgia. Delight in a thrilling off-road journey with a small group of like-minded adventurers, as you traverse the historical and spiritual landmarks of Eastern Georgia.
Attention: Limited availability!
Don't miss out on our bestseller David Gareji & Rainbow Mountains Off-Road Group tour. Book in advance to secure your spot and experience this exclusive itinerary.
During this comprehensive tour, you'll visit both St. David and Natlismtsemeli (St. John) monasteries, both of which boast stunning cave structures and frescoes dating back centuries. You'll also take a hike through rough terrain to marvel at the stunning rainbow mountains and Mravaltskaro reservoir.
After an active day of exploration, relax and enjoy a delicious lunch at the famous Oasis Club in Udabno village (not included in the price). And on the way back to Tbilisi, we'll make a stop at a wine factory where you can sample some of Georgia's finest wines. Don't miss out on this unique and affordable tour that offers the perfect blend of cultural and natural beauty.
(up to 8 people)
Need to know before booking the tour:
- On foot, you will walk about 4 km (2.5 miles). Be sure that you have proper closed-toe shoes for the hike.
- The ambient temperature may reach over 30ºC (86F) from May to October, so be prepared for hot weather.
- The tour takes place at an altitude of 350 m (1150 ft), similar to Tbilisi.
- Participants should have a moderate level of physical fitness.
- Remember that there's no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing. Consider the weather forecast and choose the best day for the tour.
- When visiting Orthodox churches, women are required to cover their heads and wear skirts, while men should wear pants. In case you don't have appropriate attire, the monks can provide it.
- For your comfort and safety, we strongly recommend wearing closed-toe, sturdy shoes suitable for potentially muddy and steep terrains.
- The dirt road may cause motion sickness for some people. It's recommended to bring personal medications in case you need them.
- Our group tours may occasionally be conducted in both Russian and English simultaneously. While we aim to provide an equal experience for all participants, this may result in a slower pace or longer explanations.
- Please note that the guide may be in different parts of the group to assist and make sure everyone is comfortable. It is important to listen to the guide's instructions and not put yourself or others in a stressful situation.
- This is not just an opportunity to see breathtaking landscapes, but also a chance to challenge yourself and feel proud of your accomplishments. Come prepared for an authentic adventure!
- 1 bottled water
- Guide's services
- Transportation by 4WD car
- Entrance fees
- Complimentary wine tasting at the KTW factory
Hotel pick-up (available for an additional fee)
Lunch (vegan/vegetarian options are available)
Gratuities for the guide and driver
We encourage our guests to leave a small donation to support the pets that call the monastery home and help maintain the grounds
Parking on Europe Square, Tbilisi